Our Transfer function lets you transfer test files and protocols between machines. Transfer files are saved as encrypted .EXP files that can only be opened with Diagnosys Software.
Transfer Files INTO Your Software
1. Open the software and click on Database Center
2. Click on Transfer In
3. Select the file(s) you'd like to import.
4. (optional) Click on Advanced to determine software behavior in case of importing duplicate data. See below for more information.
5. Create new record if duplicate found option is useful if transferring in a protocol that is similar to an existing protocol.
6. Select Import to bring this file into the database
When the Progress Bar turns 100% Blue the Transfer is complete.
You may close this window or transfer in another file.
Import of Records:
Always ask before importing each record: will prompt the user to determine what to do in case of potential duplicate information being imported. Available options depend on what Overwrite mode is set to. Options are:
- Overwrite: overwrites existing data with incoming data, not available if Overwrite mode is set to Disable overwrites
- Merge: does not overwrite existing data but will combine records. Example: if a subject that already exists in the database is being imported along with test data, the subject information will not overwrite the info already in the database, but any test data not already in the database will be correctly assigned to this subject.
- Ignore: skips importing this record and moves to the next one
- New: duplicates data in the database
- Cancel: cancels the importation sequence
Ask only if duplicate record found before importing: Will prompt the user to determine course of action only if information being imported is already in the database
Merge imported record if duplicate found: Will not prompt the user but will use the Overwrite mode to to determine what to do with duplicate data
Automatically create new record if duplicate found: Will not overwrite data but will add as a new entry if the users attempts to import data that already exists in the database
Disable Overwrites: if the data (protocol, patient, test) already exists in the database, it will not be imported unless Automatically create new record is selected above, in which case it will add a second copy of that record to the database. This is the default setting.
Overwrite all records: If the data (protocol, patient, test, etc) already exists in the database, it will be overwritten by the incoming data
Duplicate patient records based on:
Allows the user to manually set what constitutes a duplicate record. This is by default set to Unique ID, which is a unique identifier assigned internally by the software when a new record is created.
Changing this from Unique ID to patient identifiers (such as name and patient ID) allows users to easily combine databases that have been maintained on separate machines. See the article on Consolidating Databases for more details.